There are so many aspects to fluid dynamics that it’s impossible to cram it all into a 2 day package and not geek out on the science of it.
What we want to do is communicate to you what we’ve learned over the years that matters with wind. Getting into the minutia of wind is kind of necessary to grasp the principals of it, but there comes a time where you just have to stop overthinking and shoot.
You’re going to miss, and probably a lot at first but missing is how we learn.
- How to establish wind speed
- Wind speed training drills
- How to establish wind values and what the multiples are
- How to build a custom hasty wind number for your rifle and ammunition
- How to interpret mirage cues
- How to interpret other visual cues
- Understanding basic weather patterns for accurate forecasting
- Using technology to assist
- Micro-weather patterns and flows
Wind is the single-most difficult aspect of long range shooting to understand and grab ahold of. It’s the largest variable that we have to deal with as precision shooters, and it’s the definition of dynamic. There’s lots of ways out there to teach shooters how to call the wind, but we’ve decided to put together a 2 day package that focuses solely on understanding the dynamic of wind. We wanted to create this course because we’ve found that trying to communicate the process of wind reading and compensation to students while they’re learning so many other skills in another course results in a bit of a mental meltdown. When that happens, humans tend to just start going through the motions and that’s toxic for learning. We wanted to create a course specific to wind where we could focus on just reading wind and shooting in it.